Stimulus Checks For Philippines Expats

Stimulus Checks For Philippines Expats

The following applies only if you already submitted a 2019 tax return. If you did not, then you can still use the non-filers tool.

Before you try to change the address that IRS has on file for you check their Get My Payment tool.

They have done some work on the tool and it now will accept the four digit Philippines postal code.

Enter your Social Security #

Enter your birth date

The system will also accept the information of whomever you filed jointly with (I tried it and it works).

When you enter your address it must be exactly as you entered it in your latest tax return AND type it in all capitals.

Then enter your postal code and press enter (and pray that it works).

You may get the message that a check was already sent to your address in which case you will not be able to enter direct deposit information.

If you get that message it is already too late to change your address, but you may want to change it for possible future payouts. I cannot say if this will work though. They may still send it to the address from your return.

If you still want to change the address they have on file for you then you can call this IRS number: 1-800-829-3903 

You can make sure that the number is indeed an official IRS number at this IRS web page:


The number is available 8 AM to 8 PM local time. If you are using a VOIP number that is in the Pacific time zone, then you need to call between 8&8 PST. 

When you call the number press 1 for English (presuming that is what you want) and from that point only press the # key. The system will ask for your SS number, but just keep pressing #. You will eventually be connected to a live person.  They will ask you to confirm the address that you have on file with them and this is most likely the address from either your 2018 or 2019 tax return. Once you confirm that they will change your address for you. Make sure that you make them read it out for you so you know exactly how it is entered into their system.

If you do not have a US bank account then you may be out of luck for direct deposit. The IRS can’t direct deposit money to a foreign account, according to an attorney at the FTC website.

Another downer is the fact that IRS sends these checks through normal mail not registered mail so we can expect a good number of them to disappear.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got mine deposited in US account but my information was already there from 2019 return

Looks like Democrats will put everyone on the government payroll soon, as they don't want anyone returning to work. Hard at work buying votes, as usual.

Post a Comment

If you have comments, corrections or questions we would be happy to hear from you.

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.